Installing commercial safety signage can make all the difference in the world when it comes to preventing an accident in your workplace or retail space, but what if you’re looking to take your safety signs to the next level? We asked our social media audience (which includes many of the top commercial safety experts) what sign design elements they thought were irresistible and compiled their responses into this list of eight compelling ways to get more impact from commercial safety signage.
1) Grab their Attention From Commercial Safety Signage
Commercial safety signage is an essential part of any facility, and you can use it to get the most out of your signage.
– Create a cohesive visual identity. For example, use the same typeface and color scheme across all signs in your facility. This will create a more unified look and make it easier for visitors to navigate.
– Create a hierarchy of messages. Put the most essential information on top or near entrances so people know what they’re getting into. Put less critical messaging elsewhere, like on directional signage or near exits.
– Make your message stand out. A clear sign with large text (at least 36 pt) and no competing graphics has a better chance of being noticed than one with smaller text or too many graphics.
– Place signs at eye level so people don’t have to stoop down or stand on their toes to read them.
2) Tap into their Feelings From Commercial Safety Signage
Every company should have a safety sign that is attractive, informative, and durable. It is essential to show the public that your business cares about their health and safety. To ensure you have the best sign possible for your business, check out these 8 irresistible ways to get more impact from commercial safety signage.
3) Appeal to Logic From Commercial Safety Signage
Commercial safety signage can be designed in various ways to get the attention of employees and visitors. If you’re looking for a way to ensure your customers know about the inherent risks, here are 8 irresitible ways to get more impact from commercial safety signage.
4) Give Them Options to Act From Commercial Safety Signage
- Add a Company Logo to the Banner: If you want your banner to stand out and be noticed, consider adding a logo to the banner. You will want to contact the commercial signage company you are using and ask them if they can add it for you.
- Customize Your Banner: If you want your banner to have more personality, then customize it! You will want to contact the commercial signage company and request that they do this for you at an additional cost.
5) Build Credibility From Commercial Safety Signage
Commercial safety signage is the most effective way to provide a clear and concise message to your employees, customers, and visitors. It’s a communication tool that can be used in all areas of your facility. If you’re looking for ways to get more impact from commercial safety signages, here are some helpful tips:
-Use high contrast colors to make messages stand out. For instance, use red lettering on a black background to grab attention.
6) Create a Sense of Urgency From Commercial Safety Signage
Take a look at the following commercial safety signage to see how some businesses have created a sense of urgency:
Emergency Exit Safe Working Area Warning Dangerous Machinery Ahead Fire Zone.
These words and phrases are in big, bold letters with a bright red border. They even include pictures of emergency exits, machinery, and fire zones to show what they refer to. This kind of warning grabs your attention and doesn’t let go.
7) Use Graphics for Aesthetic Value From Commercial Safety Signage
Commercial safety signage is a great way to keep your employees, visitors and customers safe. And when you use graphics for aesthetic value, it’s even better!
8) Have Fun with From Commercial Safety Signage
To enhance the impact of your commercial safety signage, you don’t have to be an artist or graphic designer. All you need is some creativity, and these 8 ideas will get you started.
I hope this blog post has made it easier for you to understand the advantages of safety signage for your company. Now you can use these 8 tips to not only stay safe, but to also generate a positive impact in your community. Start by designing an eye-catching sign that will grab the attention of visitors and passersby, and then make sure it is placed in an area where everyone can read it.
The last tip would be to ask your employees if they have any ideas on how they could improve their workplace’s safety policies – they may have some valuable insights!